Please refer to <IOTIVITY_ROOT>/Readme.scons.txt for list of packages to be installed before initiating a build.
1. Navigate to the iotivity root directory. We would refer to iotivity root directory as IOTIVITY_ROOT from here onwards in the document.
2. Issue scons command to start the build process.
If build fails with a prompt asking user to clone tinycbor: > Issue the below command from IOTIVITY_ROOT git clone https://github.com/01org/tinycbor.git extlibs/tinycbor/tinycbor
> Once clone is done, navigate to <IOTIVITY_ROOT>/extlibs/tinycbor/tinycbor and checkout to branch v0.4 git checkout –b v0.4
> Reissue scons command.
3. To build a specific subdirectory in IOTIVITY_ROOT
scons <subdir_name> eg: scons bridging # To build bridging subdirectory
4. To build iotivity in non-secured mode
5. To enable logging
Note: To build bridging project in non secured mode with logging enabled, issue the below command.
scons bridging SECURED=0 LOGGING=yes
6. On successful build, binaries would be generated under the below path:
<IOTIVITY_ROOT>/out/linux/<target_arch>/<build_type>/bridging. eg: <IOTIVITY_ROOT>/out/linux/x86_64/release/bridging.